Thursday, August 25, 2011

Big Boy Room for Nate


Last weekend my Mom and I staged a design ambush/room make-over for a 3 year old. I was excited the moment I found out and immediately visted my new favorite store, Roxy's Funky Art Boutique. I bought the 3 suitcases pictured in the lower left corner and 4 wire milk crates that we used for book and toy storage. I can't say enough good things about Roxy's, it's like walking into an awesome estate sale. I would love to have a store like that some day.


We painted the walls and ceiling Vintage Gray (Valspar) and made a trip to Joann's to buy supplies for the bunting border to add some color. I cut triangles out of felt and sewed them to the burlap strip that we found in the upholstery section of Joann's for 79 cents a yard! We used a staple gun to staple the bunting to the wall and it was exactly what the room needed. I will post more before and after pictures later ( I only got one good "after" picture since there was a birthday party right after we finished).




No comments:

Post a Comment